When we make products available for sale through a website, we are doing so as an independent e-commerce reseller of, or service provider for, the Partner (as defined below) whose name and/or logo appears on the Website.
· Information that can no longer be used to identify a particular person ("Anonymous Information").
· Independent data controller has the same meaning as "controller" under Directive 95/46/EC as of October 24, 1995 or any subsequent data protection legislation such as Regulation (EU) 2016/679 as of May 25, 2018, and is the natural person or legal entity, which alone or jointly with others, carries out processing of personal data (as defined below) as well as determines the purpose and means of the processing of personal data, composition and kinds of personal data to be processed, and determines actions (operations) with the personal data ("Data Controller" or "Controller").
· Data where certain identifiers are removed to prevent a person's identity from being directly connected with the information (such as masking certain personal identifiers) ("De-identified Data").
· Processing is permitted if it is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the Controller (or by a third party), except where the Controllers' interests are overridden by the interests, fundamental rights or freedoms of the affected end-users which require protection ("Legitimate Interests").
· Information that can be used to identify you, either alone or in combination with other information available to us, such as your name, shipping and billing address, e-mail address, phone number, identification number (where applicable), date of birth (where applicable), time and location data, bank account information, transaction and payment records, delivery records and other information associated with your account, which is collected by us during delivery of our commerce solution ("Personal Data").
· Digital River may resell products through transactions via its commerce solution, and will generally be the seller and merchant of record for such transactions ("Seller and Merchant of Record").
· Special categories of data require a heightened level of protection under data protection legislation in some jurisdictions, such as processing that reveals health, racial or ethnic origin ("Special Categories of Data")i.
· Any applicable data protection safeguards, as may be amended or replaced, for the transfers of data to Controllers established outside of the EU/EEA that do not ensure an adequate level of protection ("Standard Contractual Clauses").
· Supervisory Authority (or its equivalent under any data protection legislation) is the independent public authority to whom consumers may lodge a complaint ("Supervisory Authority").
· Controller(s) Responsible for Your Data. The Digital River entity that is the Data Controller will vary depending on the site you visit, your transaction with the Website and contractual language.
· Processing of Your Data. Your commerce request, and therefore your Personal Data will be optimally processed in or near the region from which you initiated your session. This means that the processing of your Personal Data will take place in either the United States and/or Ireland.
· If you are located in Japan or a country with similar data protection requirements, for details of the transmission of your Personal Data to other Digital River entities, please see the "Joint Use" Section at the end of this policy.
Your information may be shared when legally permitted, including in the following situations:
· With third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with vendors or will authorize them to collect information on our behalf. Some vendors may be located outside of the United States.
· With our business partners. To opt out of having your information shared, see Your Choices below. To stop receiving information from a business partner, follow its opt-out instructions.
· If we think we have to in order to comply with the law. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We may also share information to protect us, our sites, or our users. We might share information with other companies for fraud and credit risk reduction.
· With any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business was sold we may sell our customer list as part of that transaction.
· The Internet is not 100% secure. We thus cannot promise that your information will be completely safe. Please use caution when using the Internet or providing personal information to others.
· Our websites are not intended for children under 13. We take steps on these sites to avoid collecting information online from children under 13. In some cases, children may give us information without us knowing about it. If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe that your child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us at+ 1 877-580-3738. If you want to write, use the address listed below. Please mark your inquiries to the attention of "COPPA - Information Request" and include your email and phone number.
· Information we maintain is stored in the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to the United States. This site is subject to U.S. laws, which may not afford the same level of protection as those in your country.
· You can opt out of marketing emails and texts. To stop receiving our promotional emails, please email us (email@example.com) or call us at + 1 877-580-3738.
· You can control if we share information with third parties for their marketing purposes. To opt out of having us share your information with third parties for their promotional purposes, please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us at + 1 877-580-3738. If you accept an offer from one of them after you opt out, we will share your information with that specific party